At Twixl media we thought we could do our share by developing a tool that makes it possible to translate print designs to digital designs by integrating extra content such as photos, slide shows, audio, video and web content into a seamless iPad blend.
What is Twixl Publisher?
Twixl Publisher allows you to produce tablet applications fully independently - from design to publishing in the app stores. Twixl Publisher is a publishing solution that takes projects from InDesign to tablets. Specifically, it is a combination of a stand-alone (mac os x) application and a plug-in for Adobe InDesign CS5-6 that converts and exports traditionally created documents into interactive reader applications for Tablets. Twixl Publisher makes it possible to translate print designs into digital designs by integrating interactive content such as photo slide shows, audio, video, HTML5 animations and more into a seamless tablet blend.
What's new in version 3? view presentation
- The builder application has been completely rewritten, with a different wizard-like approach to app building.
- You can now create iPad builds, as well as Android builds. The 1024x768 design is compatible with all iPad models, and for Android there's a 10" (1280x800) and optional 7" (1024x600) format.
- We added support for liquid layout/alternate layout in CS6. This allows you to also create optimized versions of your content for Android devices in addition to the iPad's format (incl iPad mini).
- 'Preview on device', allows you to preview your publication on a device on the local network, running the 'Twixl Viewer' app. This viewer app is a free download from the iOS App Store and from the Google Play store.
- We added new analytics options: we now support Flurry and Localytics analytics (for Gold and Platinum users only)
- The App Store Kiosk User Interface is now customizable. We now allow all UI elements of the App Store Kiosk to be customized.
Versatile and Cross industry
Twixl Publisher makes it possible for designers to translate InDesign files into tablet apps and it can be used for a great variety of sectors and application domains. Magazines are an obvious application, but Twixl Publisher can also be used for sales presentations, annual reports, newsletters, brand magazines, manuals, brochures, data sheets and more.
Smooth & intuitive
Twixl Publisher is based on our philosophy of ease of use, simplicity and intuition. We put the user and the user experience at the heart of your solution. That is being reflected in every word, pixel and button. Our three-step model ‘Design, Build and Publish' is the fastest and easiest way to an enticing interactive reader’s experience.
Independent publishing means our customers are 100% in control of their application. They can publish as much as they want without extra fees. They do not have to publish their content on our servers to create their app. Once the design is ready for publication, they publish directly to the app stores or within their own Enterprise network.
Our pricing is as transparent and easy as our product. We provide our customers a state of the art solution and all the support they need for a one-time license fee. There is no extra cost to publish except for the cost of creating the app itself. To make it even easier, we provide a free ‘Twixl Publisher Explore’, that allows users to develop and test apps in-house. So you can experience for free how our solution works.
How does Twixl Publisher exactly work? What is this model ‘Design, Build and Publish’? Find out!Find out!
For the enterprises
How does our solutions fits the needs of Enterprises?Find out
For publishers and agencies
Tablet publishing is a complete new market with plenty of opportunities for publishers and Agencies.Read more